It is the policy of Damasco UK Limited to ensure that its operations, products and services result in the minimum negative impact on the environment.
This will be achieved through:
- Avoiding the use of hazardous materials wherever possible. When this is not possible we will ensure regulatory compliance and best practice processes are adopted and maintained for storage, handling and disposal.
- Maximum use of recycled, recyclable, sustainable and biodegradable materials.
- Promoting awareness and the specification of environmentally friendly products and materials to satisfy our customers’ requirements.
- Ensuring our suppliers maintain sound environmental credentials and are encouraged to supply us environmentally friendly solutions.
- Compliance with all relevant environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Developing environmental awareness throughout the company and implementing appropriate practices.
- Reducing material waste through re-use and recycling initiatives.
- Reducing energy waste through improving energy efficiency
The Operations Manager and Quality & Systems Manager are jointly entrusted with the authority and responsibility to formulate and implement initiatives, and ensure operational compliance.
The Quality & Systems Manager and the Operations Manager will periodically meet with the Managing Director to report progress and discuss strategy. The Managing Director maintains responsibility and authority for Environmental Strategy and producing the Environmental Policy.